4 nights in St Petersburg + 3 nights in Moscow
- Day 1 – Sunday. ST PETERSBURG
- Arrival and optional transfer to the hotel. Night in St Petersburg. NOTE: the meeting with the guide will happen on the following day at 9:00 AM in the lobby of the hotel.
- Day 2 – Monday. ST PETERSBURG (breakfast, lunch)
- 9:00 am – meeting with the guide in the lobby of the hotel to clarify the details of the trip and organise optional excursions. Today we will have a panoramic tour of the city, passing by the Cape of Vasilievsky Island, the famous Nevsky Avenue, the Winter Palace square, which was the residence of the Tsars; the fine arts square with numerous museums and theaters, the summer garden, the Mars field. We will also visit the Fortress of St Peter and Paul with the Pantheon of the Tsars. Lunch at a local restaurant. The tour ends in the city centre, transfer back to the hotel is not included. Rest of the day free. Optional – Guided tour of St Isaac’s Cathedral + the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood Only on prior reservation, minimum 2 pax. St. Isaac's Cathedral was formerly the main cathedral of the Russian capital and is one of the most impressive architectural monuments of the 19th century. The Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood or the Church of Resurrection is one of the most beautiful churches in St. Petersburg, with original domes, erected in the place where the Tsar Alexander II was murdered on March 1, 1881 (duration 2 hours).
- Day 3 – Tuesday. ST PETERSBURG (breakfast)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to the Hermitage. Today one of the most beautiful places in Russia awaits us, an authentic crown jewel. The Hermitage Museum is the main art museum in St. Petersburg and also one of the most famous and largest in the world, founded by Catherine II. It is located in the majestic Winter Palace and in other magnificent buildings that until the revolution were owned by the imperial court. The Winter Palace was built according to the project of the famous Italian architect Rastrelli and its luxury and majesty is astonishing. In total, the Hermitage exhibits almost 3 million works of art (paintings, sculptures, graphic works, archaeological finds, coins, medals, objects of applied arts). The materials of the museum are distributed in 400 rooms. Return to the hotel independently, you will have a free afternoon to enjoy the Venice of the North.
- Day 4 – Wednesday. ST PETERSBURG – PETERHOFF (breakfast and dinner)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Visit to Peterhoff Gardens - the summer residence of the Russian tsars located about 30 km from St. Petersburg, where the Great Tsar Peter I held his memorable parties. From the majestic building of the Grand Palace, a true masterpiece of Baroque style, the architect Rastrelli, descends a waterfall flanked by dozens of golden statues that shine splendidly in the sun, between water jets. Lunch at a local restaurant. The visit continues with the walk to the town of Pushkin - The State Reserve Museum "Tsarskoye Selo" is a brilliant monument of architecture where you will appreciate the art of parks and gardens of the XVIII-XX centuries. A magnificent group of architects, sculptors and painters made the wishes of their royal clients come true. In "Tsarskoye Selo" the whole range of artistic styles is represented, from the baroque and classical eras. The imperial rulers from Catherine I to Nicholas II have left their mark here. * In the event that for reasons beyond our control we cannot reserve Catherine's Palace in Pushkin, this excursion will be replaced at no extra cost for the visit to the interior of Peterhoff Palace.
- Day 5 – Thursday. MOSCOW (breakfast, dinner)
- Breakfast at the hotel and transfer to the train terminal to take the train to Moscow. The trip on the fast train to the city of Moscow will last only 4 hours in a modern and comfortable train. Upon arrival we will have a brief panoramic tour of the city and transfer to the hotel. The train SAPSAN (Halcón) has free WiFi. Dinner. Night in Moscow.
- Day 6 – Friday. MOSCOW (breakfast)
- In the morning – Moscow city tour (with subway transfers). It is possible to read the history of Moscow, a city of more than 800 years, through its architecture, starting with the world famous Kremlin, its majestic image shining on the Moskva River. Excursion to the Kremlin where we will know the most important Cathedrals of the architectural complex, Tsar Kolokol or Tsar's bell and Tsar Pushka or Tsar's canyon (does not include entrance to the Diamond Fund). More than 860 years old, the Kremlin is the oldest historical-architectural center of the city, and the world symbol of Russia. We continue to the beautiful Red Square, the Cathedral of San Basilio, the historic GUM, a department store with its construction that dates back to 1890, among others. We will visit Moscow Metro. Entering the Moscow metropolitan system is an unforgettable experience, a subway has never been built with greater luxury than that of this city. We will culminate in Arbat Street - one of the city's liveliest pedestrian streets.
- Day 7 – Saturday. MOSCOW (breakfast)
- FREE DAY or optional – Serguiev Posad with lunch Serguiev Posad, between 1930 and 1991 called Zagorsk, is a Russian city, 70 km northeast of Moscow, on the road to Yaroslavl. It has an important monumental complex, the Monastery of the Trinity and San Sergio, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1993. It is an "orthodox monastery in operation, with typical military features from the 15th to the 18th centuries”, the period during which it was developed, with the main church of Laura (Lavra in Russian - monastery), the Assumption Cathedral (reminiscent of the Kremlin cathedral of the same name). But besides being the religious center par excellence, Sérguiev Posad, is also the city in which the famous Matrioshka was painted for the first time. Return to the hotel.
- Day 8- Sunday. MOSCOW (breakfast)
- Free morning. Optional transfer to the airport.
The price includes
- 7 nights in 4* hotel
- 7 breakfasts at the hotel
- 2 lunches (3 courses with water, tea/coffee, or buffet)
- 1 dinner (3 courses with water, tea/coffee, or buffet)
- English speaking guide as per program
- Entrances to: Fortress of St Peter and Paul, Hermitage, Peterhoff gardens, Catherine’s Palace or Peterhoff Palace*, Moscow’s Kremlin, Moscow Metro
- Excursions as described in the program
- Invitation letter to obtain VISA
- Rusian Visa
- Tips and everything not included in the program
Price of the package per person. Min. 2 pax
Price p/p in double room: 1235euros
Supplement in single room: 525 euros
Departures 14 and 21 June – white nights supplement: 145 euros p/p
Other group size, consult price.
Opcional: Price per person
Transfers in/out (without assistance): 110 euros per person (min. 2 pax)
St Isaac’s Cathedral + Resurrection: 55 euros p/p (min. 2 pax)
Serguiev Posad with lunch: 130 euros p/p (min. 5 pax)
Assistance for the transfer: 110 euros p/p (min. 2 pax)
Hoteles 4* o similar:
San Petersburgo: Aykan Hotel 4*
Moscú: Puskin Hotel 4*