Ukraine – Chernobyl
7 days / 6 nights
- Day 1 Vilnius
- Arrival in Vilnius. Meeting with the English-speaking guide and transfer to the hotel.
- Day 2 Vilnius
- In the morning visit the city of Vilnius by vintage coach We will tour the areas where the series was filmed and the surroundings. In the afternoon - visit of the Soviet Bunker.
- Day 3 Vilnius-Ignalina-Vilnius
- 08:00 am - departure to Ignalina. Just a year after the catastrophe in Ukraine, a second reactor with a similar construction to that of Chernobyl, began operating at the Lithuanian nuclear power plant. This is why, when it comes to finding a place to film some of the main scenes of Chernobyl, the Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant (INPP) was a natural choice. The film crew was able to enter the closed complex and even go up to the reactor, an experience that tourists are now able to have. Lunch at local restaurant Visit of the surroundings of the Ignalina region. 4:00 pm - return to Vilnius. Night in Vilnius.
- Día 4 Vilnius-Kiev
- In the morning transfer to the airport to flight to Kiev (flight not included) Arrival in Kiev Meeting with the English-speaking guide, panoramic tour of the city. 10:00-14:00 - Kiev is a beautiful city with its centuries-old history and rich culture. We begin our visit from the Hagia Sophia Cathedral and the Monastery Complex, a true pearl of world architecture. Inside, you will see the largest collection of frescoes and mosaics in the world. Later, you will visit the Church of San Andrés, the Ukrainian baroque church designed in 1754 by the Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli. We will see Vladimir Cathedral, the most prominent sacred painting complex of the late 19th century. Decorated by famous artists of the world, the historical entrance in the ancient walls of the city of Kiev, the ancient hill of Kiev (the Vladimir hill), the place where the first settlements were established (482 A.D.) among others. Rest of the afternoon free. Accommodation in Kiev
- Day 5 Kiev- Chernobyl- Kiev
- VERY IMPORTANT!!! - carry your PASSPORT! 09:00 AM – meeting with the local guide at the hotel reception. 11:00 AM - arrival in Chernobyl through the village of Dytyatky at the edge of the Chernobyl area of 30 km. Passing the checkpoint at the edge of the 10 km Zone. Meeting with the representative of the Chernobyl Agency. - Arrival to the city of Chernobyl. Information about the tragedy of Chernobyl, the borders of the Zone, life in Chernobyl today. Updated information on the consequences of the Chernobyl catastrophe in the 30 km zone, the most contagious places, machines, cemeteries. Forecast for the future. - Travel around the Nuclear Power Plant. Stop near Reactor No. 4 of the old station overlooking the sarcophagus. You will be only 100 m from the main cryptic object of the Zone! - You will be conducted near the "red forest", which was left for scientific research. - Walk in Pripyat - "The ghost town", visiting one of the tallest buildings - Hotel Polissya, a school, a kindergarten, old houses, which are now absolutely empty. You will see the city as it was left by its 50 thousand inhabitants in 24 hours. The spirit of Soviet darkness reigns here. You can take pictures of the national emblem of the Soviet Union and of Soviet Ukraine, slogans "Peace, work and May", public mailboxes of yellowish red color and other objects that were symbols of the 80s in the Soviet Union. You will visit the Central Park with a big ferris wheel. They planned to open this big ferris wheel on May 1, 1986 (public holiday. This big ferris wheel has never seen visitors). Pripyat is similar to a Mummy. It has a body but no soul... - 15:30 lunch in Chernobyl . - 16:30 return to the city. Rest of the afternoon free. Night in Kiev.
- Día 6 Kiev
- 09:00 - 13:00 - visit the Chernobyl Museum and the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra Monastery, with its magnificent golden dome, the most famous tourist object in Kiev, which has been included in the UNESCO World Heritage Register. You will visit the caves where the monks lived. The monks were also buried in these caves. The mixture of the cool temperatures and the humid atmosphere of the caves allowed the bodies of the dead to mummify. This monastery contains numerous churches, towers, a printing press, kilometers of labyrinths such as underground tunnels containing numerous churches and some of the museums with the wealth of Kiev.
- Día 7 Kiev
- Private transfer to the airport at the agreed time.
The price includes
- 6 nights in hotel
- 6 breakfasts
- 2 local lunches
- English-speaking guide in Vilnius and Kiev
- Entrances to the cathedral of St. Sofia, Chernobyl Museum and Lavra Monastery
- Visit of the Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant
- Excursion to Chernobyl Tour of Vilnius by vintage bus
- Transfers by comfortable minibus as per program
- Tips and everything not included in the program
Minimum 10-15 pax
Consult prices and departures