BALTIC STATES FULL BOARD
Baltic States 1100 euros
Lithuania – Latvia – Estonia
8 days/ 7 nights 4* hotels – Full board
- 1er day : Vilnius
- Flight to Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. Arrival. Optional – transfer to the hotel. 8.00 pm – Informational meeting with the group leader in the lobby of the hotel. NOTE: for those who arrive on later flights, the meeting will be at 8.30 AM on the following morning. Dinner not included.
- 2nd day : Vilnius
- Guided walking tour through the old town of Vilnius, classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site: we will see the Baroque cathedral of St Casimir, the town hall, Vilnius University, the historic houses of the 16th and 18th centuries and the Gates of Dawn with the beautiful icon of the Virgin Mary, a place visited by hundreds of pilgrims every year, etc. Lunch. Departure to Trakai, the former capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. Trakai Castle is located on an island in the middle of Lake Galve, it houses an interesting museum that tells its history, famous in the time of Grand Duke Vytautas, when the country's borders extended from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea. Return to Vilnius. Dinner. Night in Vilnius.
- 3er day : Vilnius- Riga
- Departure to Riga (~ 320 km from Vilnius), the capital of Latvia. We will stop at the famous Hill of Crosses. This is a unique historical pilgrimage site, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. At its top you will see more than 100,000 crosses that have been placed to express gratitude or to make a request. Lunch near the Hill of Crosses. After crossing the border with Latvia, you will visit Rundale Palace (30 km from the Hill of Crosses). It is the most prominent monument of Baroque and Rococo art in Latvia. Arrival in Riga. Dinner. Night in Riga.
- 4th day : Riga
- The morning is dedicated to discovering this beautiful city with a Jugenstil style culture. Experience the guided walking tour, which includes the Castle of Riga, the Lutheran Dome Cathedral, the church of St Peter, the Swedish Gate, built in 1698 during the Swedish government, among others. Lunch. Guided tour of the Art Nouveau district, with its beautiful buildings from the early 20th century and stroll through Jurmala, the largest and most famous Baltic resort. Dinner and accommodation in Riga
- 5th day : Riga - Sigulda - Tallinn
- Departure towards Tallinn and a stop in Sigulda. Visit Gauja National Park, a region known as the "Switzerland of Latvia". Visit the Castle of Turaida, built in the 13th century for the residence of the Archbishop of Riga. Lunch in Sigulda. Continuation towards Tallinn, arrival in the late afternoon. Dinner and accommodation in Tallinn.
- 6th day : Tallinn
- Walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage City. Built around the fortified hill of Toompea, it is one of the European cities that has best preserved the vestiges of the 13th and 15th centuries. You will discover the seat of the Estonian parliament, the medieval castle of Toompea, the famous Pharmacy of the fifteenth century, the church of St. Nicholas, among others. Visit the inside of Tallinn Cathedral (1233), which houses very old tombs. Lunch. Visit Rocca al Mare, the Estonian Open-air Museum. Located in a beautiful park by the sea, the museum brings together a magnificent 17th-19th century collection of rural architecture from all parts of Estonia. Return to Tallinn. Return to Tallin. Dinner and accommodation in Tallinn.
- 7th day: Tallinn
- Free day. Lunch and dinner. Night in Tallin
- 8th day: Tallinn – Departure
- Breakfast at the hotel. Free time. Private transfer to the airport.
The price includes
- 7 nights in hotels 4 *
- 7 breakfasts at the hotel
- 6 lunches - 3 courses with water, coffee/tea o buffet
- 6 dinners - 3 courses with water, coffee/tea o buffet
- Coach transfers according to the programme, including transfers from/to Vilnius/Tallinn airports
- English-speaking guide during the whole program (tour leader and local guides)
- Entrances to: Vilnius University, Rundale Palace, Riga Dome Cathedral, Turaida Castle, Tallinn Dome Church
- Excursions: tour of Vilnius, Hill of Crosses, Rundale Palace, tour of Riga, Turaida Castle, tour of Tallinn
- Travel insurance
- Tips and everything not included in the program